Overview: Food/Beverage Manufacturer is seeking a senior sales management professional to lead their established national sales team.
- Ensuring the development and the execution of the annual sales budget for Company in alignment with the company’s strategy.
- Developing and implementing strategies for new sales channels and for expanding into new geographies.
- Contribute to the development of the long-term strategic plan.
- Develop the annual budget in alignment with the overall strategy and in agreement with the superior.
- Ensure the execution of the sales plan. Regularly monitor adherence to plan and budget and make corrections as necessary.
- Define and optimize sales strategies, processes, infrastructure and systems in the framework of multiple channel selling to support the achievement of sales targets.
- Establish and foster relationships with key customers through regular visits.
- Support National Accounts managers in negotiating with key customers promotional programs and distribution.
- Ensure successful launch of new products or product specifications.
- Develop Trade Spending Guidelines in conjunction with Sales Administration and Marketing. Review trade spending budget and make corrections as necessary.
- Participate in industry trade events.
- Develop and implement strategies for new sales channels and for expanding exports into new geographies.
- Regular reports about major activities with customers and brokers to the superior.
- Hire, manage, develop, train and motivate external brokers, distributors and independent representatives and monitor their performance in conjunction with National Account managers.
- Seek new business opportunities in new channels or new areas of business.
- Lead, promote, motivate and develop employees in the area of responsibility with regard to the Company leadership principles and in agreement with HR.
- Bachelor Science Degree in Business
- 8 – 10 years working experience in sales and in broker management, calling on large customers
- Multi-channel experience required
- MS Office package
- Performance Indicators
- Achievement of targets based on Performance Review
- Achievement of sales plan
- Trade spending reports
- Achievement of company profitability
- OPEX under budget
- Employee retention / turnover
- Customer development and retention
- Nielsen Reports on market share
- ACV reports on distribution
- Employee retention and satisfaction
Overview: The Associate Trade Marketing Manager will support the attainment of Company’s annual top- and bottom-line financial targets. Responsible for category management & strategic analysis for the brand; customer marketing; sales strategy support, and consumer and trade promotion. The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of experience in CPG.
- Analyze brand performance and activities, including tracking shipments and consumption, business segment trends, industry trends, key account performance, and competitive activities to derive insights and recommend brand actions.
- Regularly conduct ad hoc analyses by leveraging primary and secondary data sources, causal factors, trends, and competitive intelligence to unearth insights to inform brand strategy, new business opportunities, and product optimizations (4Ps) to drive sales, share, and profit.
- Prepare and send monthly consumption reports and analytics dashboards to internal and external organizational stakeholders.
- Recommend ad hoc and/or custom market research to help inform strategic business and brand decisions.
- Key liaison between the Marketing, Sales, and Operations Teams on all aspects of consumer and trade promotions, shopper marketing, display programs, special packs, and product sampling to ensure flawless execution.
- Develop strong, data-driven sales presentations incorporating multiple sources and selling angles to help support Company and Top Account objectives.
- Develop sales tool kits and best practices that maximize trade investment effectiveness by “testing and learning” and conducting pre/post program analyses and communicating findings and recommendations to relevant stakeholders.
- Stay abreast of new sales/marketing service offerings, technologies, programs through desk research and meeting with and vetting prospective vendors.
- Create new procedures and documentation for tracking promotional materials and collateral.
- College degree plus 1-3 years CPG industry experience in a Sales Analyst or Trade/Customer focused role
- Proficient with syndicated data (IRI or Nielsen); High analytical and business acumen
- Ability to multi-task and be comfortable within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be flexible and work in an environment where process is not always defined
- Strong sense of urgency and the ability to work independently with sound judgment
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong verbal/written communication, work planning, and organization skills
- This individual must be able to work cross-functionally, both internally and externally, and be comfortable interfacing with Senior Management regularly
- “Roll up your sleeves” mentality and openness to wearing many different hats ranging from administrative to strategic
- Strong influence, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills