Overview: CPG Company is seeking a Sales Leader that will have responsibility to deliver sales objectives on volume, spending and retail execution while also running the P&L. You will be formulating and executing a strategic plan to ensure you reach maximum volume, profitability and customer service. You’ll develop plans to deliver designated account strategies and champion a demeanor with your colleagues to build solutions where everyone wins and efficiency of investments increase. You will establish high-level relationships with assigned customers and actively follow up to ensure the maximum effectiveness of promotional programs. You will demonstrate consumer insights associated with strong company brand equities to drive incremental growth and strengthen the customer investment strategy so that it is consistent with Retail Environment strategy, brand strategy, and shopper insights. You will direct the efforts of a team.
- Lead the translation of top-down customer targets into long-term bottom-up customer plans, incorporating customers’ objectives and creating joint, “win-win” customer plans while managing the P&L
- Develop customer investment strategy, consistent with Retail Environment strategy, brand strategy, and Shopper Insights
- Develop 3 Year Customer Growth plans and Joint Business plans that leverage customer and shopper insights to grow the Category and our Brands within it
- Conduct detailed analysis of business trends in each account to include brand share, pricing, promotion levels, and retail environment development.
- Ensure post-evaluation of promotions supporting with qualitative commentary, communicating results to the commercial team, and using the results of promotion evaluations to refine customer tactics.
- Leverage consumer insights associated with strong company product equities to drive incremental growth.
- Provide substantial input in translating bottom-up brand plans into Customer/CPG targets
- Provide CPG/Customer Insights into the development of commercial guidelines and category/brand strategies and targets.
- Responsible for instituting ROI mindset among the entire team to ensure focus on maximizing the productivity of investments
- Oversee the execution of 5P strategy implementation within established commercial guidelines.
- May manage the Agency Manager, who will partner with a third party (Agency) to engage with a specific customer to achieve share, volume and financial objectives through effective execution of our strategies and collaboration with the Agency
- B.A./B.S. Degree and appropriate work experience
- At least 10 years of Customer Development experience
- Previous experience in national account management
- Experience working with Syndicated Services (e.g. IRI, Nielsen, etc.)
- Prior people management experience of 3 to 5 years
- Desire to relocate for future career progression (New York)
- MBA preferred, but not required
Overview: Our client is looking for a District Manager who will lead and develop a team of customer development professionals passionate about achieving the business objectives with customers in assigned geographies. You will be accountable for the development of your team and to grow overall consumption, district market share, achieve volume and dollar sales plan (LE) driving BRMO (Brand Recommended Most Often), expense plan (NVO), improve retail fundamentals through building customer relationships, sales and promotion execution, merchandising support, and overall delivery of our clients services and products.
- Define objectives and priorities for your direct reports in alignment with regional/local priorities and communicate regularly to ensure clear expectations.
- Establish and supervise individual performance against sales objectives and Key Performance Indicators for the team on a weekly basis.
- Develop coverage plans for the assigned areas: Customer classification, coverage, penetration, frequency and efficient routes.
- Set call efficiency goals by territory, communicate expectations to direct reports, review actual versus targets at least monthly and align action plan with each.
- Develop area business plans and support team to develop Customer actions to achieve territory / district objectives.
- Partner with external customer operations managers and respective colleagues to build relationships, align on key important metrics, and develop/implement specific activities.
- Demonstrate expertise in selling/negotiating and leading sophisticated customer situations.
- Lead district Gross to Net (GTN) budget to execute RE/brand strategy through prioritization of customers to achieve targets, optimally balancing the needs of customers and the company’s overall commercial objectives. Ensure a return-on-investment mentality throughout the field team.
- Ensure Distribution policy implementation and compliance to commercial selling principles.
- Understand customers’ strategies, priorities and needs that impact in-store/ clinic execution and take them into consideration when building commercial plans
- Ensure direct reports prepare business plans by clinic, present and cooperate with clinic / store decision makers and review business performance at least quarterly. Stay ahead of trends in the pet/vet trade, industry, represent our customers as the strategic choice and participate in local trade conferences
- Consistently deliver the fundamentals of customer engagement requirements and use business analytics to drive fact-based conversations and improve credibility.
- Collaborate closely with business partners including but not limited to warehousing, customer fulfillment, the customer service center, custom development colleagues, etc. Elevate issues / opportunities when barriers challenge achieving business results.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Minimum of 8 years prior sales experience.
- Minimum of 3 years key account management experience.
- Proven Leadership/ Team project management experience
- Proficient digital literacy in Microsoft office required
- Ability to travel, including up to 30% overnight stays
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift, push or pull up to 50 pounds
- 5 or more years of people management experience, managing field sales professionals
- Ability to relocate within 1 to 3 years for career advancement