Overview: CPG Company is seeking a Sales Leader that will have responsibility to deliver sales objectives on volume, spending and retail execution while also running the P&L. You will be formulating and executing a strategic plan to ensure you reach maximum volume, profitability and customer service. You’ll develop plans to deliver designated account strategies and champion a demeanor with your colleagues to build solutions where everyone wins and efficiency of investments increase. You will establish high-level relationships with assigned customers and actively follow up to ensure the maximum effectiveness of promotional programs. You will demonstrate consumer insights associated with strong company brand equities to drive incremental growth and strengthen the customer investment strategy so that it is consistent with Retail Environment strategy, brand strategy, and shopper insights. You will direct the efforts of a team.
- Lead the translation of top-down customer targets into long-term bottom-up customer plans, incorporating customers’ objectives and creating joint, “win-win” customer plans while managing the P&L
- Develop customer investment strategy, consistent with Retail Environment strategy, brand strategy, and Shopper Insights
- Develop 3 Year Customer Growth plans and Joint Business plans that leverage customer and shopper insights to grow the Category and our Brands within it
- Conduct detailed analysis of business trends in each account to include brand share, pricing, promotion levels, and retail environment development.
- Ensure post-evaluation of promotions supporting with qualitative commentary, communicating results to the commercial team, and using the results of promotion evaluations to refine customer tactics.
- Leverage consumer insights associated with strong company product equities to drive incremental growth.
- Provide substantial input in translating bottom-up brand plans into Customer/CPG targets
- Provide CPG/Customer Insights into the development of commercial guidelines and category/brand strategies and targets.
- Responsible for instituting ROI mindset among the entire team to ensure focus on maximizing the productivity of investments
- Oversee the execution of 5P strategy implementation within established commercial guidelines.
- May manage the Agency Manager, who will partner with a third party (Agency) to engage with a specific customer to achieve share, volume and financial objectives through effective execution of our strategies and collaboration with the Agency
- B.A./B.S. Degree and appropriate work experience
- At least 10 years of Customer Development experience
- Previous experience in national account management
- Experience working with Syndicated Services (e.g. IRI, Nielsen, etc.)
- Prior people management experience of 3 to 5 years
- Desire to relocate for future career progression (New York)
- MBA preferred, but not required