The Confectionary Customer Marketing division is seeking an Associate Category Manager for our New York City headquarters. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to make a real contribution to the Confectionary business by taking a proactive approach to data analysis, presentation development, and project management. The ideal candidate for this role will be equally comfortable with data analysis and “selling story” creation — as well as taking the lead in championing the execution of key projects in support of our customers. Reporting to the Director of Customer Marketing and Seasonal Innovation for Grocery and Channels.
Duties & responsibilities
- Pro-active and comprehensive analysis of syndicated data and POS to identify and provide visibility of business opportunities and challenges impacting BCB, our customers, and our consumers.
- Provide Marketing and Sales with direction and guidance for executing more effective and efficient promotional programs based on in – depth consumer and customer analyses.
- Develop fact-based presentations and attend customer meetings to support Sales in achieving both distribution and merchandising objectives.
- Manage, update, and publish internal Monthly IRI Tracking and weekly New Item Tracking Tools across key customers and classes of trade to provide insights to the Sales, Customer Marketing, and Marketing teams.
- Manage and support ad hoc data requests as needed.
- 3+ years related experience in Sales and / or Marketing analysis – including working with Nielsen and / or IRI databases and 1010 data – is required
- Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) experience is strongly preferred
- Experience supporting retail initiatives in the Grocery, Drug, and / or Value (i.e., Dollar stores) channels is strongly preferred
- Strong analytical skills – ability to convert data into actionable, key insights
- Strong computer skills – advanced Excel & PowerPoint skills essential
- Proven ability to leverage syndicated data (Nielsen and / o r IRI) to support Sales and Marketing initiatives
- Comfortable presenting to both internal (e.g., Marketing and Management) and external (e.g., assisting Sales managers in meetings with buyers) groups
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively and confidently with colleagues across departments and with key customers
- Excellent time management with ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrated project management achievements
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Proficiency in Oracle platform a plus
- Strong collaborative and “team player” orientation
- Bachelor’s degree. Major in Business, Marketing, Economics, or related field preferred
|Job Category||Analytics, Marketing|