Overview: South Jersey Company is seeking a bilingual (Spanish, English) Customer Service Representative. This full-time position will report directly to the EVP of Servicing and will be responsible for managing calls with student borrowers regarding their private education loan account, taking payments via phone, supporting inbound customer service calls and making outbound calls on past due accounts to make payment arrangements.
- Work specific call queues as directed to achieve optimum corporate results.
- Make effective daily calls, both manually and through auto dialer, as delegated by management.
- Effectively communicate with borrowers via email.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state and local servicing laws and legal requirements.
- Provide personalized service to each student/borrower. Must be able to use reasoning to effectively and efficiently solve borrower issues with professionalism.
- Adapt to change and reprioritize tasks when necessary – able to adjust priorities based on work responsibilities and deadlines.
- Achieve monthly assigned goals.
- Capable of speaking with both English and Spanish speaking borrowers.
- Read/interpret service notes and loan details presented and detect/correct errors.
- 1-2 years of experience preferred in customer service/call center environment.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Associates Degree or College Experience preferred but not required.
- Basic computer skills required including Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook.
- Must possess math skills and understand general loan terms.
- Ability to communicate in writing using correct spelling and grammar.
- Ability to multitask and handle high call volume.
- Must possess strong organizational skills.
- Ability to express oneself in a clear and concise manner.
- Must be fluent in both English and Spanish.
|Job Category||Customer Service|