Overview: The Processor Operator is ultimately responsible for ensuring the safe and quality operation of the Wet Tower, Saw, Forms and Finishing processes. This position meets these goals by running the process; making appropriate decisions on when/how to change the parameters of the process to meet production quality and rates; and, continuously identifying ways to improve the operation of the Wet Tower, Saw, Forms and Finishing Areas.
- Operates the Production Processes Equipment.
- Coordinates and is responsible for the Saw and Wet Tower environmental management and the Lock Out/Tag Out safety protocols of the team.
- Ensures that Wet Tower and saw production targets are obtained; sets up, operates and monitors the Saw and Wet Tower process from the PLC; communicates continuously with the Process Support for the Tower and Saw troubleshooting.
- Runs one day test sampling process for test samples results.
- Monitors historic data and works with Process Engineer to identify process trends.
- Communicates with the Production Supervisor and Process Engineer about process conditions.
- Escalates issues to appropriate management team members based upon Problem Escalation procedures.
- Ensures that Wet Tower, Saw and Finishing Equipment are maintained in proper working condition.
- Performs daily startup and shutdown of the processes and completes appropriate process checklists.
- Completes process calibrations with Process Support Coordinator; coordinates with maintenance team for repairs, PM’s, and upgrades through work requests.
- Supports R&D and capital projects.
- Maintains appropriate records for future RCA’s and troubleshooting.
- Leads cleaning efforts for all phases of Production Floor Work Cell areas.
- Drives Continuous improvement within and with other Work Cells.
- Identifies and implements opportunities for process improvement in the Wet Tower, Saw, Forms and Finishing operating areas.
- Participates in Root Cause Analysis events and provides appropriate process data to drive resolutions to any issues.
- The Process Operator is required to work on the production floor when not operating process equipment.
- 2 year Technical College degree or at least 5 years of experience in production/industrial equipment operation with Manufacturing and Batch Plant Operation with combination of experience and trades education, such as an apprenticeship program in a trades occupation.
- Must have basic mathematical and reading skills.
- Must be able to read manufacturing specifications, process control charts, graphs, and possess mechanical/PLC aptitude.
- Must be able to manipulate Outlook Email and have data entry skills; basic knowledge of electro-mechanical process systems/equipment and controls and a working knowledge of computer applications used to maintain inventory are required (MRP, Access Data Base, etc.); ability to maintain records and read reports using Microsoft Excel and Hyperion.