Los Angeles, CA
This position will lead the product development and management efforts to drive multiple innovation projects. The primary objective of the role is to collaborate with our sales/marketing, culinary and business teams to supply our new product pipeline. Responsibilities include prioritizing and managing team activities, and leading cross-functional initiatives, meeting our cost, quality and innovation objectives to develop new product concepts for market readiness and manage projects through commercialization.
- Leads the technical guidance and work direction in product developments and improvements to existing products, through commercialization.
- Establishes key technical performance indicators and measures to ensure progress to commercialization and implementation consistent with project timelines.
- Leads the commercialization phase of projects by developing product and process specifications and conducting plant testing for selected prototypes. Ensures that products and processes have met initial quality assurance, safety and risk assessment requirements
- Partner closely with Sales/Marketing, Culinary, Operations, QA, Purchasing, and Finance groups to determine development team priorities and drive project collaboration.
- Develops specifications and finished product preparation targets. Prepares commercialization summaries and project reports. Transitions project to Production/Operations. Identifies and leads ongoing technical improvements.
- Apply technical expertise in areas including product and process development and continuous improvement, sensory studies, ingredient-and-package material interfaces, shelf- life testing and consumer acceptability
- BS in Food Science or a related field required, or equivalent experience. MS in Food Science desirable.
- Minimum of 8 years related experience in the food industry required, with minimum of 5 years in a management role
- Broad successful experience in bringing in many different types of new unique products to market- from concept to launch required, as well as solid understanding of product development and management life cycle.
- Expertise in process optimization, product formulation, experimental design, and quality improvements required. Production facility experience required, with working knowledge of scale up processes and commercialization.
- Experience managing product development processes and projects.
- Successful experience providing quick technical direction and guidance on many different projects simultaneously.
- Requires ability to understand the balance between dependence and independence as it pertains to decision making and bringing in upper management.
- Requires ability to organize and interact, support, facilitate and lead multi-functional work teams; ability to provide work direction to assigned resources
- Requires ability to manage multiple projects, in a fast paced environment, meeting deadlines, and communicating status.
|Job Category||Product Development|