Overview: Inspector position responsible for performing inspections of cables and wire harnesses in a contract manufacturing environment. Qualified candidates will have at least 2 years direct experience in quality inspection of cables and wire harnesses with ability to read and understand, manufacturing instructions, operating procedures engineering drawings, schematics, bills of material and specifications for the use of inspecting assemblies. Must have experience and requires ability to utilize calipers, micrometers, optical inspection machine, and electronic test equipment as a means of inspection.
- Interprets industry standards and customer provided design documentation to determine acceptability criteria.
- Examines assemblies for physical defects such as mis-wires, solder bridges, opens, missing or incorrect components, bent pins and other damaged components.
- Compares hardware on assemblies, subassemblies, and parts to parts list to verify assembly.
- Rejects discrepant assembly, part, or component and records type and quantity of defects.
- Measures parts to verify accuracy of dimensions utilizing micrometers, calipers and other various measuring scales.
- Sorts nonconforming assemblies for rework or disposition by the quality manager.
- Maintains records of inspection process, progress and results and informs management of results.
- Input Defect / Yield data into Quality database.
- Position may also be assigned to assist with any combination of tasks to test and inspect electronic parts, assemblies, subassemblies, cables, harnesses, for conformance to specifications, drawings, manufacturing instructions, assembly aides, etc.
- Position may include periodic inspection of receipts or stock on hand in inventory. Testing may include electrical test of harnesses and cables for continuity using test equipment. Functional testing may be required to meet client requirements of more complex assemblies. Inspection of assemblies may require the use of magnification aides.
- Candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must be able to determine root cause of in-process rejections, suggest corrective actions and identify / develop training requirements.
- Candidate must hold current certificate with IPC WHMA 620 or be qualified to become certified if hired full time.
- Acceptable visual acuity and eye-hand coordination.
- Must have, or be able to acquire, operator certification for IPC-A-610.
- Must have, or be able to acquire, operator certification for J-STD-001.
- Ability to review and interpret technical data packages for electronic assemblies.
- Candidates must be able to work in a self directed manner in a fast-paced working environment.
- Foster and maintain professional and productive relationships with other staff and management.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer based applications.
- Have experience with electronic assembly including; SMT, T/H & Mechanical.
- Ability to effectively operate visual magnification devices (scope).
- Ability to effectively operate and interpret basic electronic measuring devices.
- Ability to effectively operate and interpret basic mechanical measuring devices.
- Proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking English to satisfactorily perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Perform basic computer tasks as assigned. Minimal skills required.
- Daily data entry into an Access database required.
- To perform this position, you must be US Citizen due to contractual requirements with the US Navy.
- 2+ years Quality Control experience.
- Is consistently at work and on time. Must adhere to company policies and specified work schedule.
|Job Category||Operations, Production, Quality Assurance|